Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
C U Next Time (CLA Mix)
(22-02-2016, 01:51 AM)takka360 Wrote: If people want to believe that is CLA that's up to them.
Why don't you mix the song instead of keep talking about it

I never looked at this one before and happened to run accross the post.. This post nails it IMO so there's no need for me to work with it, I believe this is the best possible outcome for this song.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
With its lost guitars and bvs. maybe u should listen to the detail more
There is a lot of masking in that mix, and deffo not the work of CLA
The more I listen to it the more I think it is infarct a pretty bad mix.
I have to agree with shul, I think someone used signature plugins and abit of know how Smile,hence mixed by cla.
(22-02-2016, 07:30 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: I have to agree with shul, I think someone used signature plugins and abit of know how Smile,hence mixed by cla.

Most likely it isn't the CLA we know and love, hell it could be a guy with the same name. At the same time this still it a decent mix even if it's on the harsh side of things.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
(22-02-2016, 01:49 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: [quote='Cudjoe' pid='43098' dateline='1456122649']

Most likely it isn't the CLA we know and love, hell it could be a guy with the same name. At the same time this still it a decent mix even if it's on the harsh side of things.

I agree
Its not that great its just loud, the actual mix is awful if you listen to it.
You cant even hear backing vox that are supposed to be there because they
are so drowned out. A lot of the time the guitar melody parts are drowned alsp
and it gets worse and worse as it goes threw the track. This is a bad mix of this song.
And CLA would never put his name to that mix in a million years
The drums sound pretty good but that is just a part of the mix a lot of the rest is total junk.
(22-02-2016, 04:36 PM)takka360 Wrote: Its not that great its just loud, the actual mix is awful if you listen to it.
You cant even hear backing vox that are supposed to be there because they
are so drowned out. A lot of the time the guitar melody parts are drowned alsp
and it gets worse and worse as it goes threw the track. This is a bad mix of this song.
And CLA would never put his name to that mix in a million years
The drums sound pretty good but that is just a part of the mix a lot of the rest is total junk.

I said decent for a reason. It's not horrible. It's a good rough mix, it needs work with automation and balancing. Again not the real CLA but it has his general style of mix
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
I'm not going to argue about it we all have our own opinions on what is a good mix .
CLA is not God.. Jesus, it's an MP3 of a mix.. It's not bounced to tape and then mastered where a MP3 optimized version would be made.. It's a simple mix that could be done in 30 mins by anyone with pro chops.. The cymbals and crashes along with the thick drum and the poster's description of replacing drums with samples is what CLA does.. No one else version of the song sounds close.. The man is all over YouTube sitting with and mentoring audio students..

Why do people believe successful people don't go to McDonalds???? (Meaning go where everyone else goes)

In fact there hasn't been another mix I've heard anywhere in this forum with a drum mix signature (which CLA is known for) like that.. If so please link to where..
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
I don't Think you are listening to this mix your just impressed with the loud samples and have it in your head this is CLA