Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
C U Next Time (CLA Mix)
Hey Dave,
Is there any chance you could upload your version to help us ?
Cheers !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

There's is absolutely no mistaking who mixed this... Even without the name listed, I would have been able to tell CLA touched it.

Outstanding work.

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Lol what you on
(20-02-2016, 02:10 PM)thedon Wrote: Hey Dave,
Is there any chance you could upload your version to help us ?
Cheers !

This is the same guy who couldn't do a mix of Sleep by The Fire because "[The tracks have] been tampered with subsequent to the recordings...you've EQ'd, compressed and automated. the vocal has also been pitch corrected". Also he also said this: "if i'm going to mix something, i want to apply my own parameters without having them, and their artifacts(!) forced upon me, and i'd suggest that people here in the forum, would also benefit from not having to negotiate material that's been tampered with. for example, automation is going to mess up someone's Insert chain, and thereafter through to the stereo buss, pretty substantially. if they don't yet understand what they are being confronted with in the supplied materials, they will never stand a hope in learning anything. they believe they are mixing "The Recordings", without processing - Mike has told them so.

if the kid can't pitch and you don't want the world to know, i could understand processing it before releasing it in the Public Domain (but poor pitching skills will show up at gigs anyway). personally, i think it would provide excellent opportunity in the forum for people to have a go at doing "transparent" pitch correction, for example. and if low cuts and high cuts or shelving filters need to be applied, that they learn by having a go at doing this themselves. the same goes for compression...and automation.

i don't wish to sound confrontational, but i have concerns. your fundamental concern appears to be marketing and promotion for the band (hence the loudness - to impress perhaps)? my concern is for my on-going personal development and helping the development of others as best i can, in a sharing community. i believe that what you are doing is hindering the development process, not only in this mix, but in your multi-track. when i read comments like "nice mix", or "this is a very good, solid, pleasant, and effective mix", then i think my concerns are well founded. noobs are going to read those comments and think that what they are hearing IS good and will no doubt try and replicate it. that's not a healthy learning environment, in any language.

i challenge you to put this song out WITH dynamics intact. aim for -14LUFS, a True Peak of -1 and an approximate +5 LRA (simply turning it down is not enough, though for those who do turn this mix down to loudness match it against =14 LUFS, say, they will immediately discover where my claims of dullness came from). i bet my pension that you can't rise to the challenge. indeed, i challenge EVERYONE to have a go at this. in attempting to, you should soon discover the issues present in the multi which nobody has discussed yet.

anyway, please at least think about the issues i raise, that's all i ask. without thought, there cannot be a potential for progress......" and didn't mix the track.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Eventhough this sounds good. I doubt this was CLA.

Having said that. this is too loud and harsh sounding. Boulevard of Broken dreams sounds a lot smoother than this and the loudness is way lower than this. and CLA mixed that song.

I apologize if this is indeed him but I really doubt it.

His signature plug ins make things sound like he mixed it. I have used them and the sound you get from them is legit.. almost sounds like the sounds he produces. Maybe someone thought i'd be fun to make pretend and see what the others would say about his mix.
CLA earns 8 k a mix do you really think he would put his time and effort in to mix a track on here for free?The mix is not even in the same league as CLA
(21-02-2016, 11:28 PM)takka360 Wrote: CLA earns 8 k a mix do you really think he would put his time and effort in to mix a track on here for free?The mix is not even in the same league as CLA

I make millions a year and I take the time to mix on here Smile - many top mixers do "pro bono" work.. If they can allot a section of their practice to help "make" a new act by helping them with their sound, the mixer gets points for that.. A painter doesn't wait to paint because they're used to being commissioned to paint pictures.. They paint every chance they get because they're good at it..

So sure, CLA (and others) will duck their head in forums like this and post something with his name on it that blows everything out the water, because he needs to affirm he's a master in this art... And it also sell plugins with his name on it
Right o
(22-02-2016, 01:13 AM)takka360 Wrote: Right o

One last note from me: I think if this wasn't an authentic post it would have been moderated by now to uphold the educational integrity of the forum..
If people want to believe that is CLA that's up to them.
Why don't you mix the song instead of keep talking about it