Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
C U Next Time (CLA Mix)
(22-02-2016, 07:30 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: I have to agree with shul, I think someone used signature plugins and abit of know how Smile,hence mixed by cla.

Also adding to my comments I don't think it was mixed entirely "in the box" I think some external hardware ie mixer or summing box was also use,imo of course.
(23-02-2016, 11:44 AM)Cudjoe Wrote:
(22-02-2016, 07:30 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: I have to agree with shul, I think someone used signature plugins and abit of know how Smile,hence mixed by cla.

Also adding to my comments I don't think it was mixed entirely "in the box" I think some external hardware ie mixer or summing box was also use,imo of course.

It's the distinctive sound of a hardware SSL..
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(23-02-2016, 01:40 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(23-02-2016, 11:44 AM)Cudjoe Wrote:

It's the distinctive sound of a hardware SSL..
my opinion is a digital mix
See: http://www.vintagedigital.com.au/sony-dr...erberator/

The snare is clearly affected by this unit as explained as having been used in the top post. Look at the name of the bottom quote on the page:

" I use the Sony DRE 2000 on drums and percussion, and they have never improved on that sound."

There's no plugin for the DRE 2000.

This version stands out.. I would mix this song, and by all means I am confident I would rip through this mix.. I have nothing to prove to myself against this mix.. I think everyone has stepped up their mixes on this one in light of this post, I still have to say this post has been great for the educational (motivation) aspect of the forum.
(23-02-2016, 09:34 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: This version stands out.. I would mix this song, and by all means I am confident I would rip through this mix.. I have nothing to prove to myself against this mix.. I think everyone has stepped up their mixes on this one in light of this post, I still have to say this post has been great for the educational (motivation) aspect of the forum.
I do not like this mix.I think there is a better version of this song.It sounds rude and unpleasant.I apologize for my English I use a translator
(23-02-2016, 09:59 PM)Pavel Wrote:
(23-02-2016, 09:34 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: This version stands out.. I would mix this song, and by all means I am confident I would rip through this mix.. I have nothing to prove to myself against this mix.. I think everyone has stepped up their mixes on this one in light of this post, I still have to say this post has been great for the educational (motivation) aspect of the forum.
I do not like this mix.I think there is a better version of this song.It sounds rude and unpleasant.I apologize for my English I use a translator

You're also a very great mixer.. Respect.
Not wishing to express a view on the original posters identity here ... as that seems to have started a lively discussion ... but I would say that CLA has done a very nice job on the new Audio Legends course http://www.audiolegends.com/. I figure that's a $100 I spent on something much better than a few extra plugins. Its very helpful to turn stuff on and off (on the mastering chain) and see how all the subtle (and not-so-subtle, EQ) settings combine into a mix. Hint: turn OFF the FG-X at the end of the chain, as the mix is much better that way. The difference was rather a surprise, as I often lean on the master buss compression and limiter, probably more than I should it seems! Confused
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42