Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - Burning Bridges - My mix
Hello friends! Here is my mix of Dark Ride´s Burning Bridges.

Please comment!

.mp3    Dark Ride_Burning Bridges_Full Mix_Take_1c.mp3 --  (Download: 6.88 MB)

Hi !

Drums are very in front of the mix. That's not bad (except toms which are too much behind the rest), but I would have place the guitars a bit more in front.

The overall tone is nice, but I think you could have use more pan for vocals, or stereo enhancers to make it wider. Just my taste Wink

(24-06-2015, 06:01 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hi !

Drums are very in front of the mix. That's not bad (except toms which are too much behind the rest), but I would have place the guitars a bit more in front.

The overall tone is nice, but I think you could have use more pan for vocals, or stereo enhancers to make it wider. Just my taste Wink

Good one, thanks mate!
guitars are way to low, snare is overcompressed and totally dominating the mix. It sounds very fatiguing after a while. did you pan the guitars hard left/right? Because your mix sounds very centered. There is no volume automation as far as i can tell and the mix is missing a lot of energy because of this. Every part has the same volume, there is no emotional impact.
(27-06-2015, 08:42 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: guitars are way to low, snare is overcompressed and totally dominating the mix. It sounds very fatiguing after a while. did you pan the guitars hard left/right? Because your mix sounds very centered. There is no volume automation as far as i can tell and the mix is missing a lot of energy because of this. Every part has the same volume, there is no emotional impact.

Thanks for the comment, snare is not compressed at all, perhaps is just too high, I also think the kick is high as well.
Guitars are panned L/R 100%, then I copied each guitar and panned around 70% with lower volume, different amp processing, fx and EQ´s. They don´t sound too tight though, need extra work.
I generally do not use volume automation for parts unless it is to fix volume issues from the original recording. I find volume fluctuation throughout a song to be extremely frustrating.

Thanks again for the feedback!