Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Sea Of leaves" Duguy's Mix
Here my mix of this track, not really a simple song to mix but truly challenging so i really did my best.

Hope you'll enjoy, don't hesitate to comment.

.mp3    Sea Of Leaves Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.15 MB)

Watch your limiter on the master. There's a lot that can be done with the dynamics in this song, it doesn't have to be all loud all the time. Also, I think the distorted bass would sound really cool if you used it in the "somebody scream" parts, but that's just me. I like the vocals, the backing vocals sound nice and wide.
(10-09-2015, 12:06 AM)ChrisLabbyAudio Wrote: Watch your limiter on the master. There's a lot that can be done with the dynamics in this song, it doesn't have to be all loud all the time. Also, I think the distorted bass would sound really cool if you used it in the "somebody scream" parts, but that's just me. I like the vocals, the backing vocals sound nice and wide.
Thanks for your feedback.

L2 is not a great limiter of course in comparison to many more. In fact, the song doesn't sound really dynamic because it's an old mix and i haven't automatise the bus master; it have already a lot of dynamic range but not sound very dynamic. The idea of the distorted bass is great too.

Here a quick Edit version with more automations and a less dry lead vox.

.mp3    Sea Of Lives Mix 4.mp3 --  (Download: 7.49 MB)