Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Actions - Devil's Words
Here's my mix. This one is pretty much unmastered. I'm pretty new to mixing and any comments are welcome.

Edit: I've added my second mix. I put Maxim on this one.

.mp3    Devil\'s Words_01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.45 MB)

.mp3    Devil\'s Word Mix 2 maxim.mp3 --  (Download: 7.45 MB)

Hiya
This is a really good first cut!

The only thing I have to offer at this stage is that I'm feeling that the lead vocal sits above the mix a little too much, as does the clean verse guitar. When the bridge & chorus kick in with the distorted electric guitars, the instrument mix drops instead of getting lifted into the chorus.
Instead of trying to raise everything else, just lower the level of the lead vocal and that clean guitar part a little bit and they should sit in the mix a little better.
It could be my ears playing tricks, but the vocal level in the final chorus seems to sit a little better than the first two choruses. Have you made some volume adjustments or added a slight chorus effect to them at this point or am I just sliding further down the slippery slope into madness? Wink

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Thanks for the input! The more I listen to it, the more I don't like where the lead vocal sits. I think I got antsy and wanted to finish it. I'll get another mix up in a couple of days. Thanks again Smile
Yeah, really good first mix. I agree that the vocals are a bit too loud at the moment. Bring them down in volume and brighten them up a bit and they will be fine.
The sound of the distorted guitars and bass guitar is great, they blend really well.
Only other thing would be to adjust the volume of the clean and distorted guitar as it seems almost is if the clean guitar is slightly louder than the distorted one.
Again, sounds are great, just needs a few volume tweaks Smile