Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Femme - mixed in polish studio
Hi!

I am sound engineer from Poland, motherland of Behemoth, Vader and Decapitated, so I love death metal. This track is really nice piece of heavy music, but i decided to add some modern sound to it. I reamped guitars with engl e530 and now they sound more agressive i think. Also I made some kind of "trick" with vocals to make them sound broootal Wink I hope You will like it! Please leave comments and feedback, thanks!

.mp3    Femme.mp3 --  (Download: 8.74 MB)

Although I'm not a big fan of this kind of vocals I must say this is a professional mix in all aspects.
good, aggressive mix. a bit too smashed but it totally fit's the music Smile
Really cool mix dude...Obviously it shows where you r from hehehe. Cool thing you did with the voice...lemme guess...A pitch? or something like that i guess.... Tongue

Cheers

Ak3r \m//-.-\\m/ !!!
Great!! It must be professional work...
Guitar sound is especially, I love !!
I would like to imitate your guitar sound really.

Do you use the speaker sim of E530 in this reamping ?
I'm not a guitar player, but to my ears, might there be a bit too much 700Hz and 1.6kHz in the guitar tone? Maybe it could use a bit more high frequency to brighten it up? Or maybe this is the perfect tone for this song? I don't know...

In my opinion as a live sound engineer, I would move your kickdrum frequency center from 55Hz down to more like 35Hz or lower, that way it can get out of the way of the bass guitar and they won't be fighting so much for the same range.

Vocals rock, let's hear your secret! Great mix overall.
Hi,
I made my own mix of that song (tracks was great actually). Whole mix without master i made on AKG K172HD headphones. I didn,t change anything with guitars actually but duplicated their track and moved a little bit in phase. And i used octaver on the vocals. Check it out please and i will be thankfull for feedback.
Cheers!

.mp3    WALL OF DEATH - FEMME.mp3 --  (Download: 6.99 MB)

(17-06-2015, 08:15 PM)BloodyRaven Wrote: Hi!

I am sound engineer from Poland, motherland of Behemoth, Vader and Decapitated, so I love death metal. This track is really nice piece of heavy music, but i decided to add some modern sound to it. I reamped guitars with engl e530 and now they sound more agressive i think. Also I made some kind of "trick" with vocals to make them sound broootal Wink I hope You will like it! Please leave comments and feedback, thanks!

Siemanko!

I just posted my version of this song, please check it out and leave some feedback, thanks!
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=15572