Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright (mix&mastering)
Hey I'm new here. Here's my work.

.mp3    I\'m alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.8 MB)

Hi, welcome to the forum. Please do comment on others' mixes as well as posting your own, helps improve others' skills as well as practising your critical listening Smile

I think overall this is pretty good, well-balanced etc - but it's really unnecessarily loud. It's peaking at -7dB RMS, with -7 LUFS average over the whole track - even a commercial release would be something like -10 to -12 dB RMS. However tempting it is to smash your mix into a brickwall limiter (or whatever you're using), all that's going to happen is that listeners will turn it down and your mix will sound pretty lifeless.

Apart from that, I think the vocal reverb is a bit strange - for a track like this I reckon you need something much smaller and more intimate / in-your-face.

You might want to consider chopping the electric track up so the lead guitar bits are on a separate track so you can pan them centrally and leave the rhythm bits on the side.

Drums sound nice and punchy, good work on those.

Hope that helps, cheers, Matt
Hi
I'm new here in this game so I don't comment as an expert at all, but some thoughts anyway. In general it sounds good I think. The snare drum are little loud in my ears. And I would prefer the leadguitar little more edgy if You know what I mean. And I would also balance some instrument a little more to the right.
Just some thoughts from a non expert :-)
Kindly /Peter