Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Queen's Light" Duguy's Mix
Nice groovy and instrumental song.

Hope you'll enjoy. Don't hesitate to comment.

.mp3    Queens Light Final Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.33 MB)

Your toms are ringing from the outset of the track. I don't know how much it interferes with the track while it's going, but it definitely caught my attention from the top. It might clear up a little bit of space in the mids of the track if you try and control it a little better. I like your soundstage. I haven't tackled this track yet, but it seems like there is more distortion on the Organ than I would like, but that could be in the tracking. The keyboard part might be a touch loud during the hook. I like the movement that it gives, but it just sounds huge.

Overall really well done mix!

Draper
(09-06-2015, 05:15 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Your toms are ringing from the outset of the track. I don't know how much it interferes with the track while it's going, but it definitely caught my attention from the top. It might clear up a little bit of space in the mids of the track if you try and control it a little better. I like your soundstage. I haven't tackled this track yet, but it seems like there is more distortion on the Organ than I would like, but that could be in the tracking. The keyboard part might be a touch loud during the hook. I like the movement that it gives, but it just sounds huge.

Overall really well done mix!

Draper

Hi loweche6 and thanks for your comment,

The organ has been recorded this way, i have only EQ it. I agree with you, the keyboard needs something to control the dynamic for some frequencies. For the resonance of the toms, it's pretty much impossible to remove it without using triggers or heavily edit them because the bleed in the track is really important so i will try something like this.

Here my mix 2.0 with some corrections.

.mp3    Queens Light Final Mix 2.0.mp3 --  (Download: 11.33 MB)

Definitely a lot more controlled! Good job! It had me be-bopping and dancing over here, so i think you did the job!

Draper
(09-06-2015, 07:53 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Definitely a lot more controlled! Good job! It had me be-bopping and dancing over here, so i think you did the job!

Draper

Thanks DraperSmile. Glad to know that this mix make you dance.

Et voilĂ .