Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
One Minute Smile (by Draper)
Decided to mix this one (obviously), and had fun. Thoughts?

Draper

.mp3    One Minute Smile Mix3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.21 MB)

I wasn't happy with the snare or the cymbals, but i think I made a good change.

.mp3    One Minute Smile snare fix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.21 MB)

Hi loweche, there is a lot of low end in your mix, it seems the low range of the guitars fighting with the bass and kick. To combat this put a high pass filter on the guitar around 80Hz, the bass will occupy this area the most. Also to add some definition to the bass boost the frequency range from 750-1,000 Hz, this will ensure that the bass will be heard in the mix. The kick drum needs more attack aswell, use a compressor with a slow attack and fast release to clamp down on the sustain of the kick so it will be tighter in the mix. Hopefully this helps with your mix. Good luck with future mixes.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Woof. Yeah, I totally need to rework this. Benefits of moving your rig away from walls. . . .