Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - Piece Of Me kapu mix
Damn these amp simulators(?). Smile

.mp3    dark_ride_-_piece_of_me_kapu_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.35 MB)

Hello! I think you have done an amazing job! Only your vocals are a little thin. But generally speaking I believe you are on the right way!! Smile
(10-06-2015, 01:01 AM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: Hello! I think you have done an amazing job! Only your vocals are a little thin. But generally speaking I believe you are on the right way!! Smile

Hi! Thank you for your encouraging comment. I think I just left the vocals pretty much unprocessed with the exception of adding some ambience. I also left them at perhaps too low level, 'cause honestly I personally didn't like the general style of arrangement and effects on them.

I'm actually quite suprised I got positive feedback with this. I've worked in one metal project and mixed maybe 2-3 (this included) tracks from this site of the metal genre. I'm not going to make further adjustments to this because to my taste the tracks are too preprocessed and to my ears lacking the air frequencies. Although, maybe I should retrace my steps as it seems I've done something right. Smile

I will review your work later.
I also found the vocals very processed and it was a little difficult to mix them right with the whole band but I believe that at least they were treated well.
So I focused on them and I mixed the whole song around the vocals in order to make them sit well in the song. In this song If you start mixing with vocals and then add drums, bass and last the guitars I think it will be a lot easier. Smile
(11-06-2015, 03:56 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: I also found the vocals [...]

maybe i could give this another go at some point. ^_^
Great snare! Love hearing the actual tone of the drum and the verb on it sounds pretty nice. I'm working on this song right now and I hope to get somewhere in the same ball park with my snare sound.
(10-10-2019, 11:02 AM)Friggy Wrote: Great snare! Love [...]

thanks! listening now, it could use some refurbishing. ^_^