Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf "wicked" mix 2
My mix of this song,please leave comments please,thank you.

.mp3    Leaf,Wicked.mp3 --  (Download: 7.17 MB)

Any comments on this mix ?
It's rare that I say this, but I think your snare is too hot. A little on the bright side too. Try adding some low mids to it, and controlling the highs a bit. Also, your low end is a little heavy (it may be a keyboard, or bass) as well as your toms. Try taming those and i think it'll cohere with itself much better. You're not far off at all!

Cheers!

Draper
Hi Loweche6 yes you are right with that,i was trying out the waves nls and got totally carried away,it is an awsome plugin(when used correctly) and most of the high frequencies you mensioned actually came from the nls (noise summing button) high harmonics,anyway i have backed off quite alot and it does sound better,,,,"does it?
It's better, but at 1:26, I get something that sounds like a blown speaker on the right side of the image. I actually got scared that i had damaged my speaker, but it is just in the track. I think the whole thing could get a little boost in the lower mid region, not a lot, but just a touch, to warm it up some. As I said, it's definitely an improvement!

Draper
Hi loweche6 i have done another mix after having another listen,much better i think,please leave comments,thank you.

.mp3    Leaf,Wicked.MIX 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.17 MB)