Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Long Wait: 'Drag'
Hi!) This is my mix

.mp3    The Long Wait_ \'Drag\'.mp3 --  (Download: 13.24 MB)

You have a great mix going on but You have to start learning about metering. You have a great deal of distortion going on on your mix. I have no idea which type of DAW that you are using but my simplest advice that I can give you is. Start using loudness meter. Understand about loudness.you have plenty of distortion going on.

This will help you for starter - This is what I have asked pros when Dr Dre new album gave me ear fatigue with in 20 minutes of listening. It just gave me headache i'm not exaggerating. Thats why I asked an opinion on his album. You might benefit from that thread. Cheers.

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...ght=dr+dre
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.
Nothing wrong with this mix. Drums sound good and have 70s vibe to them but it feels to me that they are too wide. How did you get the bass sound so that it is even and low notes are as loud as high ones ?
Thanks for the comments guys. Sorry for my English.
Bereket, I listened to your advice. I work in Cubase 5 and I will check metering.

Obelix, processing bass: EQ (FabFilter ProQ-2), compressor (BT-compressor CP-25s), ultramaximizer (L2). On the bus master - Multiband Compressor (LinMB), ultramaximizer (L3). It turns out twice is compressed. Just attaching screenshots

Thumbnail(s)