Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here to stay
Hi there,

based on previous mix from Spektakulatius, some adjustments in about 1.5 hr.
Far from perfect, and a lot of further adjustments in levels are due, after some ear rest.
Anyway here attached my newborn.
cheers

.mp3    SOLIHTS 01.M01.mp3 --  (Download: 10.87 MB)

.mp3    SOLIHTS 01.02.M.mp3 --  (Download: 10.8 MB)

"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland
I like the presence of the vocal, but the breaths and other mouth noises are very pronounced. The snare seems a little too up front.. I like the pianos. Interesting position for the guitar.. a tad to close to her for my taste though. I like the placement of the sax.. nice and up front. Kick is nice too. Bass has a nice balance. I feel this mix could improve a bunch with some reverb on the master track since all the other instruments are quite level with eachother. Nice mix, I enjoyed it.
-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
(05-06-2015, 10:52 AM)iShouldBsleeping Wrote: I like the presence of the vocal, but the breaths and other mouth noises are very pronounced. The snare seems a little too up front.. I like the pianos. Interesting position for the guitar.. a tad to close to her for my taste though. I like the placement of the sax.. nice and up front. Kick is nice too. Bass has a nice balance. I feel this mix could improve a bunch with some reverb on the master track since all the other instruments are quite level with eachother. Nice mix, I enjoyed it.

Thanks very much for the review. After some weeks of seasoning (ear rest) the mix show the limits as you outlined. I'll get some time to review it. without trying to break speed records..!
cheers
from Switzerland
Just uploaded the v.2 in the first post, applying some suggestions from the comment:
- global reverb
- reduced a little compression on vox
- several adjustments on volumes, including vox, sax and drums
- a bit of tape saturation and some light compression at master

cheers
from Switzerland
Enjoyed listening to your Lovely mix lammy
Can hear some vocal Sibilance with the s and t's which i have to also to address in my remix otherwise compression will enhance it.
Love the breath of the sax solo
Good Job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts