Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Sickness by Draper
Quick hour and a half static mix (I have a D&D game to get to, cause I'm cool like that). Just playing around with getting an 80's feel about the mix. Kick may be a bit big for the vision, though, now that I am listening to my bounce (it's amazing how some things become obvious after bouncing down). Did I achieve the feel I was going for do you think? Yea? Nay?

Also, didn't edit the end, deal with it. Angel

Cheers!

Draper

.mp3    Morning Sickness.mp3 --  (Download: 11.32 MB)

Hello! You have a good thing going here, but isn't the overall frequency balance a bit dull? As in lacking highs?
The guitars are a little dark, but that comes from my vision of the mix, a darker overall feel. I think it's a matter of taste (or mix vision in this case). I totally hear what you're talking about, but with the context of the song, it was completely a choice.

Thanks for giving a listen and feedback!

Draper
Good sound. I think that you have achieved that 80s-ish vibe, but snare lacks that nice reverb they used back then. A 4dB boost in high end with a shelf can help your mix.
So, upon re-relistening, I agree. It is a tad dark, and the verb on the snare was lacking. How's about now?

Thanks for the feedback!

Draper

.mp3    Morning Sickness2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.94 MB)

(09-06-2015, 07:42 PM)loweche6 Wrote: So, upon re-relistening, I agree. It is a tad dark, and the verb on the snare was lacking. How's about now?

Thanks for the feedback!

Draper

I'd still add a ton of reverb and general presence, but it's my opinion. Smile