Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bobby Nobody,Stitch up,final mix.
Thought i would give this track a go,really liking the arrangement and the song itself,please leave reviews,i will reviews others once my ears has reset,Thank You.Wink

.mp3    Bobby Nobody,Stitch up,.mp3 --  (Download: 8.19 MB)

Any comments on this mix please?
Overall everything sounds pretty even to me. I feel the lead guitar doesnt cut through the mix too well and gets a little buried. The megaphone vocal in the pre-chorus is louder then the rest of the vocals to me, maybe cut the eq around 5k back a half decible? I'd also say widen out the guitars more and fatten them up abit and really use that stereo spectrum to its fullest. I'm not a professional by far but thats just what my ear is telling me listening to it. Oh, also I'd parallel compress the kick if you haven't already just to fill that out more in the mix.
Hi cudjoe
I like your version especially the effects ,i agree with vorocity especially the the lead guitar could cut through more.
You may have done this intentional, I can hear a lot of low end energy and distortion on the kick 50hz and below which may be making the master limiter work harder , reducing the very low frequencies which eat a lot of energy and most smaller speakers cant translate should leave more room to fatten up the upper frequencies as verocity has mentioned.

Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks Vorociity and thedon for your time listening ot the mix,what was i thinking with all that low end?anyway i have made some adjustments to vox,guitars and that heavy kick in mix 2,hope this one sounds better,please let me know,thanks again.

.mp3    Bobby Nobody,Stitch up, mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.21 MB)

Ok this is my final mix,i have made quite a few adjustments so please have a listen and leave any comments,thanks.

.mp3    Bobby Nobody,Stitch up, final mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.16 MB)

The latest mix sounds much better !
Good job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks thedon that's all I needed ,cheers mate.