Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passing Ships - t643 Mix
This is quite an interesting track that I imagine could be mixed in a few different styles and still work. The mix came together pretty quickly as the tracks had been recorded well. It was also nice to have multiple mic sources and room ambiance for a lot of the instruments which made life easier.

I've tried to keep this feeling 'close' and contemporary, using reverb sparingly on the lead vocal and guitar 5, and not anywhere else. There is a bit of compression applied to some of the tracks and I used a saturation plugin on the individual guitar, cello and vocal tracks to warm things up a little. There is also a delay on guitar 5 to get that slight echo effect. I also used the stock Reaper EQ to carve out the low mids from quite a few channels as it was getting a little muddy. Apart from that, it's pretty straightforward and plugin light. Hopefully all this has worked with this arrangement!

Comments and constructive criticism welcome.

.mp3    Passing Ships.mp3 --  (Download: 5.3 MB)

I like the tone you have here. Not too dark, not too bright. A little bit of de esser on main vocal would help, but the sibilance is not that much of an issue.
thumbs up from me. As mentioned, a deesser would help but is not much of an issue on this track. You could probably count all annoying esses on your fingers. Liked the delay on the git. DidnĀ“t like the saturation on the bvox.