Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Haunted Age with completely new recorded guitars, lots of samples, FX & synths.
Really like what you did with the track ! Re-recording pays off Wink
You got to believe in yourself before you can believe in anything else.
well I don't think that the band would like what I did to their song. I watched a creative live class with joey sturgis last week and he would have done the same - replace and record everything and transform the whole pile of garbage into a real song.
After watching some live tutorials from joey sturgis and his crew I really want to mix this again - with Waves L1 on everything and pushing and limiting the shit out of it, hahaha. If you want to know how to mix this kind of music you really have to check out NAIL THE MIX from Joey Sturgis.

It's crazy how they approach a mix compared with what I was "told" to do. There is a huge difference in movement, aggression and emotion
I like the leads guitars at the beginning and the end you put in the song.
The chorus you made is cool.
For me, the bass isn't loud enough, so the mix is lacking of low end.
(27-05-2015, 09:22 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: here is the new version (also see the first post)

Hilarious ADR, Very creative and interesting version of this song. Maybe too much time on your hands. Hahahaha
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
oh my god its brilliant wow
Thank you =)
Great production ideas, although it has a kind 'showreel' feel. Nonetheless, this is exactly the stuff people want when hiring producers. Go for it! Master also sound very convincing. ^_^
There was no other way to salvage this song than to completely redo it, kapu Smile The way Joey Sturgis approaches such songs influenced me a lot in the mix. I probably watched too many tutorials from him at that time Smile