Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The long wait,Drag 3rd and final mix
Wonderful,wonderful track enjoyed this mix,any comments are welcomeSmile

.mp3    The long wait,Drag.mp3 --  (Download: 13.21 MB)

Hey man , i think overall your mix has a little to much reverb on it. The start guitar is a little crazy with reverb or delay and the vocals could be more up front. I do really like how the song flow in and out of the sections
Hi mixingdrummer thanks for your review, have you listened to the artists mp3 file? You will notice that they have a lot of reverb on that as well, once again thank you for your reply.
Does anyone else think I have added too much reverb /delay? I think it adds some POI (points of int erest) or eye brawl moments as Patrick Talbot would say,what do you guys think?
I wouldn't say too much, reverb is all about taste, it doesn't appear to muddy up the track which is typical of too much reverb, Do agree about the vocals esp toward the end need bringing forward a bit, but a touch of automation would sort that out!
Thanks Old Ben for your fast reply,i have updated to mix 2,is this one better?please leave reviews.

.mp3    The long wait,Drag MIX 2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.24 MB)

Any comments? Is it better?
Hey Cudjoe..listened to v2... i like it.

On the whole its nicely balanced and I like your ambiance FX..good job with vocal reverb....i think its sounds excellent

Not so sure about some of your delays. There's a weird delay artifact at around 0.45 "..from me.." Are your delays timed or by ear?? or maybe the FX is clashing with the guitar arpeggio. And again at 1.26 - guitar arpeggio is out of time. Have you quantized something or is it out of sync delay perhaps?? Anyway I'm just guessing but it sounds off.

I think your overall frequency spectrum is a bit strong around and above 10Khz - probably from OH/Room. It makes your mix a tad bright which gets a bit fatiguing. In particular you have a fair bit of cymbal poking up around 10Khz and cymbals are definitely a bit much around 2.50-3.00 - probably needs (more) level automation/dynamic EQ to bring under control.

I'd say also that maybe you have too much 5Khz in the snare (it may be close mic or OH). On its own its OK.....but there isn't much contrast between snare and hat in the passage at approx 0.55-1.15

overall a nice mix....maybe a couple of things to think about with your upper frequency balance

cheers

Hi HbGuitar thanks very much for your quick review,"man this thread is really active"lovin that,it helps you to stay on your toes,i have updated this track for the 3rd and last time,maybe 3rd time lucky,there are some good mixes on this thread and i will leave some reviews once my ears has reset,please leave comments.Thank you.

.mp3    The Long Wait,Drag mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 13.18 MB)

Any comments please?