Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It was my fault for sampling
This is my first venture into a serious attempt at mixing some lighter rock/pop. I used samples combined with the original sounds on the snare and the bass drum. Same with the guitars, I combined the original tracks with the reamped DI track. I tried making the overall mix sound as big as possible (looking for that million dollar sound Tongue) Haven't worked with that many vocal tracks previously so would be interested to know what you think about them as well as the rest obviously Smile

.mp3    My Fault mix by Jacks.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

Hi jacksoni and welcome aboard, I have just listened to your mix via headphones and it sounds quite good apart from all that reverb you splashed on part of it, the vocals could be brought more forward in the mix,but the main thing to get rid of is that reverb imo,Idid a mix of this track but didn't use any samples,have a listen and see what you think,good job.
Good sound, not 1 000 000 dollar sound, but if you pan the drums from audience perspective (hi hat 50 percent to the right hi tom 30 right, mid tom in middle and floor tom 50 left) and if you had more bass and some delay on main vocal instead of reverb and reverb on background vocals, you can achieve 1 000 000 dollar sound .
mmm I liked this one, the guitars seem to jump out the speakers. they still great in mono too Smile
I'm not so keen on the snare sample though. It might be becuase I have heard my mix a thousand times so my brain is thinking that your snare is too different.
I agree the vocals are slightly too far back, and maybe a tiny bit quiet.