Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayfaring Stranger - Olli H
I guess that these tracks were recorded very well as I felt that there’s nothing else to do than to pull up the faders. Well, I did use some plugins just to get feeling that I’m doing something, but their effect was quite minimal.

.mp3    2015-05-16-wayfaring-stranger-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 11.66 MB)

(16-05-2015, 10:29 AM)Olli H Wrote: I guess that these tracks were recorded very well as I felt that there’s nothing else to do than to pull up the faders.

Thanks! Smile That was our aim while we were tracking. If you're interested in the recording setup we used, there are full details on this page.

Great ambience and mix, Olli! just like you, I didn't have to do much to the tracks. In fact I was worried more about the ambience than anything else because there was no need to.

Only one thing I've found: at 1:31 the vox sounds a bit boxy for a couple of seconds. Some dynamic EQ can easily solve that!

mixing since April 2013
The vocal track has far too much distortion, that causes the very nasal sound. Very hard to get under control. The other tracks were recorded quite well IMO.

Olli, I think the vocals could use some more delay/reverb in your mix. Apart from that I like your mix.

Thanks for comments all.

Interesting page that what Mike posted.

Well shucks, man. I can hardly listen to this critically... it's really good as it is. Maybe a little dip on the sax in the high mids when the vocal is active.. I feel like there's a teeny bit of clash.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Sounds great in cans
Monoish mix - good Call to keep from wide panning
I dont find clash of sax and vox a problem
Great verb and again - great lvls
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
tack så mycket and thank you.
My mixing secrect is: not to do (almost) anything. Hopefully that's also a skill, so I can take some merits of the sound.
Hi Olli
I really enjoyed your version !
Good job Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

First Class listening with headphones. You have a nice dry sax that sounds focused. Love the kick, not too heavy. Perfect vox and room ambience. Very enjoyable Olli!
Dave.