Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Home To Blue - stoman's mix
This is the kind of country rock/pop music that I like. Smile

EDIT:
I replaced the file with a quick update where I added some more beef to the drums. Some details still need more work.

.mp3    Back_Home_To_Blue__20150519_01.mp3 --  (Download: 5.47 MB)

Hey nice job with this. I like the definition you've got with the bass, and the guitars all seem well balanced. Vocal tone is good, though you could maybe back off the reverb a tad to bring the vocal forward a bit. Main weakness IMO is the drums (which admittedly were poorly recorded, I've had a go at this one as well so I know what you're dealing with!) which are quite muffled. I found the overheads of most use - maybe try bringing that up with some more compression and high EQ, punching the kick up and blending it all in at a higher level.

Hope that helps, appreciate it if you could check out my version as well. Cheers, Matt
Thanks for your comment!

I must admit that I did not spend very much time on the details in this song. When I just listened back to my mix I thought I should have featured the drums some more. I'll probably do that when I get in the mood again. Smile
Oh, and I will listen to your mix, but maybe not today - my ears are a little too deaf at the moment.