Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juliet's Rescue - Heartbeats (Gadget's mix)
My mix - hope you enjoy it :-)

.mp3    juliets_rescue-heartbeats_final.mp3 --  (Download: 6.07 MB)

Hi Gadget.
Only have a couple of minutes as I have just been called back to daddy duties Smile
I like your mix! The kick and snare in the verse have a nice mid and high frequency 'club' bias. The lead vocals get a little lost in the swell of the effect swirling around them so maybe take the volume of the effect down a little bit.

The heavier 'rock' chorus really belts out, but I think the kick gets lost in the mix a bit. (It could be the sample itself is quiet - I haven't loaded the multitrack for this song yet)

Maybe consider using the verse kick layered under whatever kick you're using for the chorus to give it the presence it needs to cut through the dense instrumentation. Maybe the bass is stomping on it a little as well?

.....I have just had my third command to come upstairs so I'd better go Wink

Hope to hear another version from you.

Dags

So many songs, so little time!
(17-03-2013, 05:56 AM)Dags Wrote: Hi Gadget.
Only have a couple of minutes as I have just been called back to daddy duties Smile
I like your mix! The kick and snare in the verse have a nice mid and high frequency 'club' bias. The lead vocals get a little lost in the swell of the effect swirling around them so maybe take the volume of the effect down a little bit.

The heavier 'rock' chorus really belts out, but I think the kick gets lost in the mix a bit. (It could be the sample itself is quiet - I haven't loaded the multitrack for this song yet)

Maybe consider using the verse kick layered under whatever kick you're using for the chorus to give it the presence it needs to cut through the dense instrumentation. Maybe the bass is stomping on it a little as well?

.....I have just had my third command to come upstairs so I'd better go Wink

Hope to hear another version from you.

Dags

Hi Dags,

Thanks for the feedback Smile

I will look at the elements you've mentioned and see if I can tweak them.

All the best,

Bob.

Hi Gadget!

That was some cool "sattelite" effect on the vocals in the beginning! I'm usually a bit more conservative on the levels and lengths of such "audio shenanigans", but I liked it. I also liked the stop around 1:20 something, and the part where the bass guitar becomes bad-assed near the end is also interesting.

Looking at the big picture, I think that this song is kinda tricky to mix, because its genre can easily get lost and\or confused and even end up sounding like 2 or more different songs, so I'd try to keep things as balanced as possible, even if it means cutting a bit back on the "coolness" of electronic-related fx or the roughness of the Rock.

Thanks for sharing Smile