Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue - Mastermix Audio Media
Kudos Patrick on another nice composition. Basically I just let the song guide me.

Thanks for providing these fine tracks. I wish everything came in the door like this.

.mp3    MAM - Blue.mp3 --  (Download: 4.93 MB)

Mastermix Audio Media
http://mastermixaudiomedia.com/
Glad you liked the song MAM! Smile
You mix sound quite natural to me, even the vocal, which I know was quite challenging to mix.
Only nitpicks is that I find the bass to be a little bit too loud at times, some notes tend to resonate a bit too much (listening on PC speakers that I know well at the moment, not noticeable on headphones though), so perhaps a matter of compression or a multiband or dynamic EQ on that bass could prevent some of these notes to suddenly jump out and clutter the mix.
I would also push the guitar during the chorus in favor of the rhodes/vibra. The hook of that chorus is really the bassline vs the guitar (and the vocals of course) but the rhodes/vibra are really just a pad so don't need to be louder than the guitar during that part.
Apart from that, it sounds really good. Great job! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here