Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Day Calling - HB Mix
Another mind bending mix!

Probably like everyone else, trying to marry the two halves of the song together so they sound ...well part of the same song.....and didn't blow the Master Buss to pieces was a challenge.

Feeling pretty numb after this one......will let my ears cool down before I review some mixes

.mp3    Another Day Calling_ HB Mix_1.0_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

Those guitars sound fantastic! The second part is very good and I love it. But in the first part I think that you should keep the leadvox a little bit drier or roll off everything under 500 hz on the reverb. But this is only a matter of taste, it's not a real technical issue. Good work!
mixing since April 2013
(14-05-2015, 07:04 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: Those guitars sound fantastic! The second part is very good and I love it. But in the first part I think that you should keep the leadvox a little bit drier or roll off everything under 500 hz on the reverb. But this is only a matter of taste, it's not a real technical issue. Good work!

Hey JuanJose....thanks for listening and your comments. Glad you enjoyed the 2nd part.....it was a real labour of love automating all those voices and setting guitar levels.

your idea about 500hz HP on reverb is fantastic!...I always have one set at 200Hz but that extra cut is very subtle and sounds great. It clears out that bottom end ever so slightly and helps the vox clarity in the 1st section.

Thanks again!
I'm glad I could help Wink
mixing since April 2013