Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova? (Draper Mix)
Did this in about 2 hours. I think it's a pretty decent image, overall. Thoughts?

Draper

.mp3    Bruks Kak Tvoi.mp3 --  (Download: 11.38 MB)

only two hours? this is quite impressive! I think that the instrument separation is outstanding. The only thing to improve is to add some automation to give some emphasis to some parts of the song.
mixing since April 2013
(05-05-2015, 06:02 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: only two hours? this is quite impressive! I think that the instrument separation is outstanding. The only thing to improve is to add some automation to give some emphasis to some parts of the song.

I automated a few parts, and automated my limiter during a few sections. It may be a little "ham handed" because I have to leave for work soon. Thanks for the kind words and comment!

Draper

.mp3    Bruks Kak Tvoi (Touchup).mp3 --  (Download: 11.38 MB)

listening to latest version ,I like it a lot !
The snare sounds nice and full ,sounds a maybe touch boxy in the 230 hz area on my monitors /room anyway,easily sorted with a narrow parametric -3-4db .
I wonder if a subtle mastering reverb in the upper frequencies would give your mix some air Big Grin.
Can send you an idea of what I'm thinking if you want.

Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Feel free to give it your touch, sir! I would love to hear it!
(06-05-2015, 04:22 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Feel free to give it your touch, sir! I would love to hear it!

.mp3    Bruks Kak Tvoi (Touchup)..mp3 --  (Download: 594.72 KB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Yeah, that really adds a lot of air. I like it a lot. I generally will send a global reverb, but I didn't this time. It really made a difference, and that snare really cut. I'll do a rev, and see how it turns out!
Sounding really good!

Eastwood
Nobody cares what plugins you use, it's only what comes out of the speakers that matters.
I really liked the second version! I have only two things to mention.
1) Your kick-bass I think are a bit too heavy on the sub frequencies.
2) Something is not going so well with the shhh of the singer and the Hi-Hat. It sounds a bit distorted to my monitors.
By the way very good work! Bravo.
*I liked the option with the master bus reverb it sounded really interesting!
Revision based on the comments made. The only thing I didn't touch were the sub frequencies, i don't have a subwoofer to make that final decision (or I like hearing low end, take your pick :-P )

I also fixed the not so subtle loss of volume in the second verse.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Draper

.mp3    Bruks Kak Tvoi3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.4 MB)