Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spektakulatius: Wayfaring Stranger
Here's my mix. Difficult one because of the spill on the tracks, but it's such a beautiful song that one forgives everything Big Grin

Comments and advice for improvement are welcomed!

.mp3    Spektakulatius - Wayfaring Stranger.mp3 --  (Download: 11.67 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Gorgeous
thanks!!! Smile
mixing since April 2013
Beautiful warm sounding Mix I like it !
I wonder How a nice full subtle room mastering reverb on the entire mix would sound just to open it up even more Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

that was easy to do Wink

It had a subtle room reverb before but not too wide and so subtle that it couldn't be heard or felt! I think now it's better. Rolleyes

.mp3    Spektakulatius - Wayfaring Stranger(2).mp3 --  (Download: 11.67 MB)

mixing since April 2013
(06-05-2015, 11:46 AM)juanjose1967 Wrote: that was easy to do Wink

It had a subtle room reverb before but not too wide and so subtle that it couldn't be heard or felt! I think now it's better. Rolleyes

Nice job Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Love the mix you have going on! That room reverb on the whole mix really opens up the sound and glues everything together, great job. The only thing that I feel that would improve the mix is a little bit of tape saturation of some soft clipping. It would really make the vocals pop a little and give the drums a little more character. Overall you have a great mix going on.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
I really liked version 2. I only think the vocals are a bit too prominent.
I listened the version 2.

Great mix

I think I hear just a little bit too much that DI-mic. Otherwise I have nothing complain.

Very well done.
Really lovely mix, like it a lot. Just wonder whether the sax is played just a touch too far on the stereo field? Feels a bit like maybe the rest of the band didn't like him/her that much Smile Also agree with Stefanos that you could maybe drop the vocals back into the mix, but no more than half a dB or so. Is there some very gentle saturation on the vox as well? It pokes out on just a few syllables and could maybe be cleaned up a little.

Tiny niggles though in what is essentially a great mix that I would listen to with pleasure.