Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first mix on this awesome site! (Dark Ride - Burning Bridges)
I only spent like 2 hours on this. Love the song, very catchy and is stuck in my head now! Just organized it all in my DAW, did basic panning, leveling of tracks, EQ on all tracks, did some compression on the vocals and kick drum, and mild delay on the main vocal to fill it out and glue it in abit and give it more presence. I like letting the tracks usually do their own thing when they sound this good on their own(great stems!). Been mixing in my basement my own recordings for the last couple years, kind of nice working on someone else's tunes just to play around. Let me know what ya think and if there is any areas I missed in the mix. Thanks again!

*Edit* Added a newer version that I worked on some more, leaving the older one on here too thou.

-James

.mp3    darkride-burningbridgesV5.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

.mp3    darkride-burningbridgesV9.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

Hey James,

not much to complain about V9. The snare has too much attack compared with the reference mixes. I would turn it down 1-2 db and reduce the attack with a transient designer to get the mix closer to the ref material. And - like most of the mixes of Burning Bridges - the choir is too loud in the second half of the guitar solo. It's still a guitar solo and the choir is there to support the guitar, not overtake the part.

Other then that it's a suprisingly good mix (on my headphones)