Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Burning Bridges
My try!! comments?

.mp3    Burning Bridges.mp3 --  (Download: 8.82 MB)

I´m hearing a lot of good mixes of Burning Bridges lately - this is one of them. Everything sits in the right place and I´m glad that you didn't radically changed the sound of the guitars.

The bridge is a bit too loud - I would turn down the bass by 4-5 db to give the solo part more impact. And like 99% of the mixes the choir is too loud. It's a guitar solo and the choir is there to support the guitar, not overshadow it completely Smile

The vocals are a tad too loud for my liking throughout the whole song, they could blend in slightly better. You could try lowering their volume by 2-3 db and use an equalizer to give a 3-6 db boost to the presence (can be found around 1khz-8khz). Overall it's a tight mix, I like the drums especially.
Thanks for the constructive words, yes i could improve some things, but well it's only for fun, and i mix this on headphones.
The drums sound a bit flat to me, but a great mix otherwise!
(07-06-2015, 12:41 PM)cobhc Wrote: The drums sound a bit flat to me, but a great mix otherwise!

Thanks cobhc, no drum samples in my mix...Tongue

Hi Dani

Great mix ! Maybe a little bit too much bass for my taste. You kept the tone of each instrument pretty natural, not too much processed.

Good job !
(24-06-2015, 07:45 AM)Mandubien Wrote: Hi Dani

Great mix ! Maybe a little bit too much bass for my taste. You kept the tone of each instrument pretty natural, not too much processed.

Good job !

Thanks Mandubien! Cool