Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My Black Out Betty Mix
Here is my attempt at mixing "Black Out Betty." I thought the song was cool, but lacking a bit in production. I mixed it using Mixbus on KX Studio Linux.

Here is a little bit about my mix:

I muted quite a few parts, especially the extra guitar parts. In my opinion, one guitar track for each guitar was enough for this song. The tone of the kick-in track didn't quite sound right to me, so I muted it and shaped the kick-out track with a bit of EQ. I reversed the polarity of the bottom snare track, which gave the snare a fuller sound. For the bass, I tried to find a good balance between the DI and the amp track. As far as vocals go, I added some reverb and delays; but tried to keep them from sounding too wet. There were also some bleed issues on the vocal tracks with a lot of low end. I used EQ to decrease that. The lead vocal itself was only processed with a bit of flange, de-esser, and EQ. However, the rap vocal received a bit more processing to add a bit of character to it. Of course, the Mixbus channel compression and EQ were used on most tracks, as well as some subtle compression on the 2-bus. I didn't process the guitars much, just a bit of reverb, EQ, and compression.

Overall, this song was fun to mix.

Thanks for listening Smile

- audioMan

.mp3    blackOutBettyPrint1Mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.73 MB)

Try inverting the phase on one of the bass tracks. It will sound fuller.
(23-07-2015, 11:03 PM)thetanks Wrote: Try inverting the phase on one of the bass tracks. It will sound fuller.

thetanks, thanks for your reply! If I am not mistaken, I believe I did invert the phase on one of the bass tracks. However, it has been so long since I mixed this song, I could be wrong.

Thanks for the feedback. Smile

- audioMan
My Black Out Betty Mix

i use protools 10 for the mix with ssl plugin bandle, Kindly let me no how u think about my mixing version of My Black Out Betty Mix, Am Dikoder Sound Engineer From Ghana West Africa...Thanks

.mp3    Banned From The Zoo\'s \'Black Out Betty Mix by Dikoder.mp3 --  (Download: 5.92 MB)