Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
passing ships (second attempt)
Here's my second attempt to mix this song after the not so good first one. I hope this time is better than before Confused

.mp3    The Travelling Band - Passing Ships v2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.56 MB)

mixing since April 2013
(02-05-2015, 11:22 AM)juanjose1967 Wrote: Here's my second attempt to mix this song after the not so good first one. I hope this time is better than before Confused

Nice job! Much better than your first mix to me! My first impression is that the strings are a little thin though. I think real strings need that fullness on the bottom to sound well, real.

Paul

You were absolutely right about the cellos, Paul. I checked on CLA mix and I could hear the difference very well.

I have tried to make the bottom end to sound fuller. Now I hope it sounds more real! Smile

.mp3    The Travelling Band - Passing Ships v2(2).mp3 --  (Download: 9.56 MB)

mixing since April 2013
I listened version v2(2)

THis time you made it! I like your mix better than mine in many points.

Vox just perfect.
Drums great
Balance are fine to me

Some minor things to check that came to my mind.

- 0.33 onwards: is piano too soft and thin, and slightly with odd space?
- Kick maybe too big for this song, but I’m not sure, or maybe it's just fine
Lots better than the first mate .
Now that piano section from 0:33 is fatter. I had only a plate reverb on it, so I have just lowered it a little bit so the room space doesn't sound too odd.

I'm not changing the kick. I like it like that Big Grin

Thank you guys for your comments!!! I have learned a lesson here and that's good. Now I'm moving on to another song. I have this one in my mind all day long and I need a new tune in my head Tongue

.mp3    The Travelling Band - Passing Ships v2(3).mp3 --  (Download: 9.56 MB)

mixing since April 2013