Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dino On The Loose-Queen's Light Mixed by Mikaela Murtonen
Greetings fellow musicians, mixers and listeners,

My name is Mikaela and I am an aspiring Audio Engineer. I am a high school student at Korah Collegiate taking a song mixing course for the second time and would really appreciate some feedback on my mix of Queen’s Light. I have to say I really enjoyed the bouncing funk bass line, I’m not completely satisfied with my shaping of it but I thought the flange gave it a little more color. I love the mix of synths in this piece, as a keyboard player myself I know the struggle of getting the right sound through a bunch of boys slamming on their guitars and the kit going; it's rewarding to hear all the layers. The song is so much fun, let me know what you think! Thank you to Dino On The Loose for sharing this track!

.mp3    Queen\'s Light-Dino On The Loose Mixed by Mikaela Murtonen.MP3 --  (Download: 11.5 MB)

I like the feel of the song. I would like to hear it after getting the bass together. I would as an exercise make a copy of the track and take all the fx off and start fresh with eq. try a little high pass filtering on it. Cheers!