Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Travelling Band - Passing Ships
here's my mix. I've spent a lot of time with automation and EQ to make it sound ok.

As always, comments will be welcomed!

.mp3    The Travelling Band - Passing Ships.mp3 --  (Download: 9.56 MB)

mixing since April 2013
I think you've got the bones in the right places and spectral distribution -on the whole- sounds pretty good to me. There are occasional ripples in the low mids, particularly against the vocal, but it's not a tone problem so much as a dynamics problem. Try giving the vocal and everything that's wanting to trespass upon it a good squeeze before you reach for peak-filters and you probably won't have to cut as deep... the cool knock on effect of that treatment is that the odd mid-frequencies just outside the peak-filter's reach won't jump out so much.

A bit more high cut on the ambience and lowering the FX pad (intro) could help, too.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
esta buena la mezcla , pero hay una frecuencia de graves que ensucia no se si es la voz o el todo. en gral esta bien, pero esa frecuencia......... tene cuidado es a causa de los auriculares quiza.
un abrazo
buen trabajo.

Sergio
I think I found those frequencies that were disturbing the mix. I've also followed Pauli's advice to duck it when the lead vox was singing.

I hope it's better now Blush

Thank you Pauli and Sergio!!

.mp3    The Travelling Band - Passing Ships(2).mp3 --  (Download: 9.56 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Its all wrong . Bring the piano and strings into the mix mate .
Everything is a struggle to listen to.
Bring it all up,dont be shy.
The guitars sound pathetic, come on the mix sounds crap and you can do far far better.
Maybe use this as a ref .Its not the same but it could be worked with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ginx7WKq5GE#t=22
First impressions, the vocal sounds heavy on the bottom and top and not focused in the middle. Didn't care for the snare sound either. Keep working at it!
ok, I got it. I'll give it another try. Thank you for letting me know
mixing since April 2013