Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Coming Home (and going to bed because, geez that was a lot of work)
As the title says, this mix took a lot. I lost about 6 hours of mixing at one point, but I think it was actually beneficial. Had gotten into the weeds with plugins. What does everyone think?

Cheers!

Draper

Ps, sorry for the swirly cymbals at parts, that cymbal bleed in the vocals was a bitch.

.mp3    I\'m coming home real lower quality-001.mp3 --  (Download: 35.35 MB)

Bit too much low end I think .lol yeah it does go on a bit.
Thanks Takka, I brought the low end down a decent amount, and I think you were definitely right. Thanks for giving a listen and critiquing.

Cheers!

Draper

.mp3    I\'m coming home real lower quality-002.mp3 --  (Download: 35.34 MB)

That's better . Gone a tad far maybe but nothing a good mastering man cant sort.
You can always add bottom to a mix.
Kick drum sounds quite low (due to added sine wave) despite only 54Hz frequency is being used on it. Vocals seems lost in the mix. Overall good tonal quality despite roled off highs.
Hi loweche6 not sure about drums,I can hear some either phasing or doubling effect, if you listen carefully to the snare you will hear it,apart from that it's not bad, please leave feedback on other threads,thanks.
Thanks cudjoe, yes there was some phasing from the vocal mic. I tried my best to fight it, but there were definitely concessions that had to be made.

And as for your comments about me commenting, if you go through my posts, you will see that I do a fair amount of critiquing. I may not post on every post I listen to but when I feel like I have something insightful to say, I will. I'm going to post a full response to what I hear, and if I don't have to time to make a full response, I generally won't.

Thanks for listening and giving me your thoughts.

Cheers!

Draper
Hi loweche6 I didn't mean that you don't, it's just a phrase I've just started using, keep up the good work. Cudjoe
I gotcha! No offense taken, I just misinterpreted your statement. Thanks again for your comments.
Yeah iam new to mixing live music as well,it is awkward as hell lol! Right up to February this year I was using protools 8 mpowered which had no plugin delay compensation which was a nightmare to work with aspecially with these kind of tracks, but now iam in protools 10 which has built in compensation delay which is excellent.