Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun with this one!
This set of multi-tracks had a lot of opportunities to create some wonderful sonics. I tried to bring out the energy of what I thought the song was asking. Thanks for listening to my mix.

Update: The original mix I uploaded had the vocals too loud.

.mp3    JulietsRescue_Heartbeats 2y.mp3 --  (Download: 10.07 MB)

Hi there, I haven't heard your original mix for comparison but I think your vocals are too quiet on this one, maybe split the difference between the two? Maybe a touch less reverb would help bring them more up front as well.

I think in your pursuit of "energy" you've added a lot of top-end which is sounding quite harsh and fatiguing to me. Guitars sound good but hihats and cymbals are really overbearing in the 8K+ region. Snare in the rock sections sounds a bit over-bright as well.

Consider reducing the feedback to the electric guitar delay - there are so many repeats to both that and some of the synths that the original notes are getting a touch lost.

Around 1:50 is there an octaver or something applied to one of the guitars? There seems to be something going on in a lower octave, either a processed guitar or a synth, that just sounds a bit odd to my ears. Reckon you could probably live without it.

Overall though I think this is a pretty good balance and a few tweaks here and there will improve it a lot - hope some of this helps. Please do have a listen to my version of this as well, any feedback welcome. Cheers, Matt.