Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trickier to mix than "An Ultra Violet Apology"
...but I think I managed to get a decent balance in the end.

Edit:
So much for balance...it was seriously lacking in low end and sounded really thin. The kick drum also had a horrible cheap sound in it. I had to do a lot of EQ on it to get that loose sound tamed. I still find this one to be quite tricky but have uploaded another attempt.

Another edit:
Still wasn't happy after listening with fresh ears so I went back in again. Cleaned up a lot more stuff and balanced it far better than before. The cymbal bleed in to the snare close mic was a real pain and was really screwing up my sound and I'm happy to have fixed that now along with loads of other small things that all added up.

.mp3    Fairytale.mp3 --  (Download: 11.03 MB)

Excellent work! Really well done.
(24-07-2015, 01:54 AM)black-fandango Wrote: Excellent work! Really well done.

Thank you so very much :-)
I know this is a really old post but I'd like to give my input on the mix regardless.

Overall, the song really is a little tricky to worth with (particularly the drums) and I've noticed that everyone so far has given the low end of this track allot of love, including yourself. Which is great, because the song ends up being very full.

There are only two things that I'd like to critique about this mix:

1. The vocals have a fair big chunk taken out in the mids making the vocals seem a little thin.
  2. I feel like all ambient instruments could've come down a touch, or just boosting the guitars could work, but that's just me nit picking.

But overall, this is my favorite mix and I can't wait to give it a go myself.