Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind' Flymix
heres is my mix, hope you like.

Mixed in a box with Studio One by Presonus, waves plugins.

form Argentina

Sergio

.mp3    Don\'t Let The Devil Take Your Mind.mp3 --  (Download: 11.37 MB)

siempre una delicia escuchar una mezcla tuya, Sergio. Me quedé enamorado de los toms y del ambiente (últimamente me fijo mucho en esto). La verdad es que tus canciones están siempre tan bien que me cuesta mucho encontrar algo que mejorar. Saludos desde este lado del océano!
mixing since April 2013
Gracias Juan!!! vos tambien hiciste grandes progresos !!! estas mezclando cada dia mejor!!

un abrazo amigo!!
and I'll just nod and pretend I was able to understand more than a few words of that before resorting to Google. Smile
(It's been too long since I last tried to have a go at Spanish. Hell, I did 2.5 years of French and don't remember much of that either.)

I agree. This is a really standout mix. Well done! Maybe a touch too much 4kHz on that kick but like the man said, hard to find fault with this one. It helps that the band seems to be really good performers too. Only other possible comment I can make is to go through and listen to the individual parts for opportunities to apply automation to bring out the ear candy.
Old West Audio
Good mix. How did you get drums to sound so good ?
Nice mix! I'm using the same setup with Presonus and Waves. To my ear, there's a touch too much in the upper mid range on the overall mix. Other than that it sounds great.
Your mix sounds awesome at lower volumes but gets a little thin and crispy when you turn it up. That is a very minor point. Your echos in the intro and the organ are exquisite. As are your toms. The voice is silky and your fills are wonderfully placed and musical. The integration of the hall is also excellent. Very dimensional and visual. At points your mix gets a little scoopy, but again, a minor issue. Question: What is up with the crowd to the right at the end. Is that how you house is portrayed during the song?

Studio One users are in agreement. Great mix. Very musical and live.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]