Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Dead Enemies Mixed By Peng Huang
Hello!I am a chinese student from Beijing Film Academy. This is my mixing version,I am very appreciated that you can give some advices to me! Thanks! Pls!

.mp3    LANDR-Dark Ride-Dead Enemies Mixed By Peng Huang-mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.37 MB)

Bump! some advices pls!THX!
Because of in the school,I don't have monitor amps to mix it.Only have headphones...and I don't know how to master so I use LANDR...
Any advices pls?
Sorry. I adjust some setting.So this is the new version.

.mp3    LANDR-Dark Ride-Dead Enemies Mixed By Peng Huang-mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.35 MB)

You don't have to master your mixes, this is not a mastering forum Smile

There is a nasty flanger at 1:18 that's not making a lot of sense to me. It also sounds like you haven't read the FAQ about this song. Otherwise you would have fixed the Dead-Enemies-Whisper at 1:37. That's bad because it destroys a lot of the tension and atmosphere. The "Dead Enemies"-phrase just sounds plain wrong without changing it so I would recommend that you read the FAQ. This is one of the small details that seperates a good mix from a bad. The same is true for the snare sample in the blastbeat at 3:49 which is too loud. You need to bring it down and raise the faders of the original snare tracks or the blast will sound awkward.

I really like the overall tone of your mix. The pitched guitars in the last part sound strange, but this part is all about sounding strange and weird. So I was quite suprised to hear what you did to those guitar melodies and pleased because it sounds really cool. You should have made a fadeout at the end to create the illusion that this song never ends.
Oh thank u very much!I will follow ur advices and adjust this song!
(06-05-2015, 04:28 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: You don't have to master your mixes, this is not a mastering forum Smile

There is a nasty flanger at 1:18 that's not making a lot of sense to me. It also sounds like you haven't read the FAQ about this song. Otherwise you would have fixed the Dead-Enemies-Whisper at 1:37. That's bad because it destroys a lot of the tension and atmosphere. The "Dead Enemies"-phrase just sounds plain wrong without changing it so I would recommend that you read the FAQ. This is one of the small details that seperates a good mix from a bad. The same is true for the snare sample in the blastbeat at 3:49 which is too loud. You need to bring it down and raise the faders of the original snare tracks or the blast will sound awkward.

I really like the overall tone of your mix. The pitched guitars in the last part sound strange, but this part is all about sounding strange and weird. So I was quite suprised to hear what you did to those guitar melodies and pleased because it sounds really cool. You should have made a fadeout at the end to create the illusion that this song never ends.
Done! I don't have any thought to deal with the whisper...I try to use pitch,comp,EQ and some fx but finally delete them.

.mp3    Dark Ride-Dead Enemies Mixed By Peng Huang Fade Out-mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.44 MB)

did you read the faq and listened to the ref mix?
(07-05-2015, 04:32 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: did you read the faq and listened to the ref mix?

yup...and I still mix a bad one?sorry,I read it again now.