Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Brew,what i want.updated mix
Hi everybody i thought i will give this one a go,its a nice track and i enjoyed mixing it Smile please leave any honest comments please,its the only way to learn,i didn,t quite like the first mix i uploaded so i did another,thank you,please leave reviews.

.mp3    THE brew ,what i want,final mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.85 MB)

Any comments please?
Hi Cudjoe,
A solid offering for me. I really like how the vocal came out. Nice and airy. Kudos. Interesting that you left the lead singers backing vocal off the mix. It really changed how the background vocals sounded (in a cool way). There is really good separation in the mix except for the keyboards. They are just a bit buried. I struggled with them myself. I can hear the piano portion pretty good in the verses but the synth portions are barely there. I wish that the piano and synths were recorded separately. They would have been easier to work with in my opinion. Nice work.
Hi capain brown sound you are right about the keyboards,I will update another mix in the next few days, thanks for listening.
To me is a nice sounding mix but in the verses the snare and vox are a bit too loud and too much top on the snare.
Apart from that its a nice mix
Hi Takka360 when you say that the vocals are too loud are you talking about volume or frequency?please let me know before I updated track, much appreciated, thanks again.
Just too loud in volume and the snare is a bit harsh sounding too imo
(26-04-2015, 11:58 PM)takka360 Wrote: Just too loud in volume and the snare is a bit harsh sounding too imo

hi captain brown and takka360 i have made some adjustments,what do you think?

.mp3    The Brew,what i want.update..mp3 --  (Download: 8.87 MB)

Unfortunately you've taken away much of the songs energy.
I think you've compressed the drums a bit too much (here parallel compression would be a good move) and taken much of the frequencies maken them too thin.
Also the piano should be featured more in the song since it brings much energy and seems to be even more important than the guitars that are by the way not so well recorded an need a bit of editing.
Also the reverb on the vocals is to long and washes the mix.
The true mess are the background vocals with are not fit into the rest of the mix and sound week just because of that Sad
At last i think the reverb and delay on the solo guitar sound nice, but they could be a bit less loud (less mix %)

I think the raw track on the Campbridge main page shows good ballance when it comes to this track and should be considered as a reference, since I believe that processing (especially Eq) shouldn't be that hard on this track.

Wish you luck on the future mixes Smile
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
Hi patrick thanks for your review it's good to hear from you, this was one of my worst mixes and a while ago, cheers.