Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix - Blood To Bone
Had trouble with the end on this one!

What did you guys do to clear up the ending?

.mp3    Blood Master final3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.6 MB)

You might want to cut back on the reverb/delay levels. They were tending to overwhelm the main instruments here. The vocalist sounded like he was behind the band. It also sounds like you have really cranked some EQ settings in there. (Could be wrong but that's what I'm leaning to.)

At the risk of saying something you already know... Remember, it's generally more effective to find out what you don't like and knock it down a bit than to find what you do like and boost it substantially. Sure, you have to boost as well as cut but then you're finding what the instrument doesn't have enough of rather than trying to get one set of more valued tones to rise above another set of less valued tones.
I think if you put a rubber band type EQ plugin on some of these channels, set a modest Q, pull that node down like 6dB and sweep around, you'll find out what the problem is at the end there and probably clean up some other parts you struggled with as well. Don't be afraid to stick an EQ on the main bus and use it to try to figure out what needs to be boosted or cut somewheres. It does no harm as long as you keep it inactive unless you're actively hunting for problems with it. (Just don't forget to deactivate it again after you make your adjustments on the problem tracks.)
Old West Audio