Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Etc' mix, first time posting here...
Good evening...

Not my usual 'poison', and certainly not my favourite 'genre' (respect, of course, to the musicians involved...); I had a go at this to be able to compare and discuss with another poster here.
Mixed with Reaper, I started off by 'normalising' all the tracks. The toms, snare and kick are heavily gated to reduce 'bleed'. I use the Reaper standard presets for Gate, Comp and EQ to treat each element, and a NY drum bus as drum master. Slightly panned snare, on which I tweaked the eq some to bring it forward more with some extra 'snap', as well as 3db gain; a tad heavier panning for the toms. The overhead has simply standard comp and eq. I abandoned the 'Drum Room' track as unusable.
A different Master bus for the rest, using the NY comp preset. The 2 bass tracks are individually comped and eq'ed, again standard presets, and panned to each side to give a touch of 'spread'. Guitars, too, panned one each side, comped, but with differing eq each. Reduced -9db for both, they are 'ducked' to -12db during vocals.
Standard treatment (comp, eq...) for the vocals, plus an additional 'voice fattener' touch of delay. I kept the Voice Room untouched, except for slight pan of each vocal track either side of centre; again, for spread.
That's about it, I think. Certainly not ideal, but I enjoyed mixing it; I hope someone enjoys listening.
Thanks to the players for making this available, and to all involved in running the site; meanwhile...
Have a nice day
Douglas

.mp3    Comp_Etc_Dad_3353.mp3 --  (Download: 2.64 MB)