Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What I Want mix!
Hello, this is my mix of this song. I've tried to give something extra to the sensation of the overall song, that I found quite mysterious... Any comments are welcome.

Greetings
Maxo.

.mp3    The Brew - What I Want MN mix 01 mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.82 MB)

Hi Maxo,
Very nice mix indeed. Another mix with an interesting choice with the background vocals. The omission of the group background vox gives the mix a totally different sound and for me, it works. I like your guitar pans at the beginning of the track. It gave the track a cool vibe right from the get go. The keyboard automation pushes them out when they need it too. You got that synth portion that mirrors the bass during the guitar solo to pop out really well which I found difficult when I mixed it. The lead vocal effects are on the borderline of being too much for my tastes but that's just me. The execution is really strong though. The vocal delays sound great in the mix but I would have liked a little less of them. I love listening to multiple mixes from different people of the same song that I'm mixing. It helps me with my own mix when I hear different ones and for me that's huge. I love your creativity here. Really strong mix IMO. Thanks for sharing it.
(26-04-2015, 04:16 PM)Captain Brown Sound Wrote: Hi Maxo,
Very nice mix indeed. Another mix with an interesting choice with the background vocals. The omission of the group background vox gives the mix a totally different sound and for me, it works. I like your guitar pans at the beginning of the track. It gave the track a cool vibe right from the get go. The keyboard automation pushes them out when they need it too. You got that synth portion that mirrors the bass during the guitar solo to pop out really well which I found difficult when I mixed it. The lead vocal effects are on the borderline of being too much for my tastes but that's just me. The execution is really strong though. The vocal delays sound great in the mix but I would have liked a little less of them. I love listening to multiple mixes from different people of the same song that I'm mixing. It helps me with my own mix when I hear different ones and for me that's huge. I love your creativity here. Really strong mix IMO. Thanks for sharing it.

Hello Captain!, thanks for the comments and the analysis! is very positive to have this kind of feedback , it forces you to look on the elements in a different persperctive.. i think you are right about the vocal fx , listening now with rested ears maybe is a little bit annoying...perhaps also could work something more sutil in this matter.

thanks again,

Saludos , Cheers

Maxo

It is interesting to hear how multiple users addressed the chorus backing vox. This mix sounds very similar to mine so I enjoyed it very much. The backing vox treatment is pretty cool too.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

do you like yourself
?????