Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelations_mix by Tommy Marcinek
Angel

Here's my rendition of this cool sounding tune. Did a few creative and fun things with this. Went for a moderately loud mix....didn't push it too much. Everything seems to fit well together. Comments/questions are always welcomed. Enjoy.

Tom

.mp3    Revelations.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Hey nice job on this. Vocal is satisfyingly fat and in your face without dominating. Just wonder if hi-hat / cymbals overpower the snare a bit (which also sounds a little thin)? If you could get a bit more body and punch on the snare that'd be sweet.

Hope that helps, Matt
(21-05-2015, 09:21 AM)londonmatt Wrote: Hey nice job on this. Vocal is satisfyingly fat and in your face without dominating. Just wonder if hi-hat / cymbals overpower the snare a bit (which also sounds a little thin)? If you could get a bit more body and punch on the snare that'd be sweet.

Hope that helps, Matt

------------
Matt, thanks for the both the props and the suggestions. I remember this one now. This was that seventies one that was one tough one to mix. The vocal was recently done (you could tell by looking at the wav form), but everything else was recorded, gosh, had to be a long time ago. You are certainly right about the hat and symbals being overpowering. The snare, I think, I sound replaced....should have beefed that sample up a bit. At the time I remember thinking it sounded nice and clean and crisp so I liked it, but for the genre, you are right it should have more meat to it. If I get the time I will go back in there and try your suggestions.

Peace...and thanks.....

Tom

Hello! That's nice version! I liked your work with guitar's solo. Great sound of reverb for my taste!
(17-08-2016, 12:20 PM)Konek Wrote: Hello! That's nice version! I liked your work with guitar's solo. Great sound of reverb for my taste!

--------------

Konek,

Thanks very much for the props. I did this one a while ago....never had the time to go back in and fix some of the other things that were suggested by other members. Glad you liked it as it is.

Peace,

Tom