Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill's mix
I said never.

.mp3    bigfool.mp3 --  (Download: 4.84 MB)

Sounds like you had a lot of fun with it! Big Grin I quite like it actually, it's different and fun...

A few things that caught my ears:
- the vocals are quite loud and a bit harsh, I'd guess there's a lot of 2-3k, same for the BV
- I hear you've used the midi of what was a 12string and used it for a synth sound. The sound is fine, but it seems that the midi got desynchronized a bit or that your synth has a long attack time, because it sounds a bit out of time
- the lead guitar is a bit loud
- everything is very stereo but it is leaving a big hole in the middle, I'm thinking in particular about the bass, and how it's spread out in the stereo but this means that there's little low energy in the middle.
- the drums on the contrary are very mono, I wonder if this would not sound better if you made the drums less mono and the bass more centered. Just a thought.

Anyway, thanks for this one, I had fun listening to it! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Very cool. Love your alternates in this treatment especially the rendering of the guitar solo. Well done. Frank would be proud.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]