Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long wait: back home to blue
Hello greetings to all forum, here I leave my mix, to comment and give me suggestions, greetings.

.mp3    back home.mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

Hi there, I was thinking "yes, this is all nicely balanced" in the intro, maybe the snare a little thin - but I was completely taken aback when the vocal came in. You've cut almost all the body out of the lead vocal and it just sounds really painfully thin. The mix in general is quite bass-light - I'd really recommend getting some reference mixes and listening to them on your system alongside your mixing. Sounds like your system is really bass heavy and/or treble light, but you can compensate for that a bit by using references. If you could sort that out I think you'd have a nice balance ready to go.

Hope that helps, cheers, Matt
I think there is too much sizzle in the upper frequency range of the lead vocal, and maybe add back just a little bit of bottom, but I would not call it "painfully thin". It sounds pretty close to "right" IMO, just needs some small tweaks.

I also think there is enough bass in terms of volume, but the balance between kick and bass may need some more work. Not much, maybe make them a little tighter.

Overall I think this mix is a good start that just needs some work on the details.