Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Don't Let the Devil Take Your Mind
Great live track. Love getting to play with Leslie's. I tried to recreate the live stereo image from the room mics.

Hope you like it!

Draper

.mp3    Devil.mp3 --  (Download: 14.47 MB)

Your mix is astonishing. Drums sound out of this world, but pan them from audience perspective. Maybe pan guitars wider and hammonds (also cut a little of 2k on them) narrower. To me this mix feels like I am standing in front of the stage and hearing the band playing.
Thank you so much for the kind words.

I actually did pan them audience perspective, as that's how they were oriented in the OH's, and in the room mics (as would be expected). Maybe I should pan the toms a little harder?

Yeah, I knew that Hammond was wide, was having fun listening to them Leslie effect swirl my head, I'll thin it out a touch, and bring down the 2k a touch.

Again, thank you for listening and critiquing!

Cheers!
Draper
[quote='loweche6' pid='32295' dateline='1428597312']
Thank you so much for the kind words.

I actually did pan them audience perspective, as that's how they were oriented in the OH's, and in the room mics (as would be expected). Maybe I should pan the toms a little harder?

Yeah, I knew that Hammond was wide, was having fun listening to them Leslie effect swirl my head, I'll thin it out a touch, and bring down the 2k a touch.

Again, thank you for listening and critiquing!

I was wrong, the drums were paned ftom audience perspective, but 1st time through song, I heard hi hat more on the left, bring that mic up a little bit and pan it 50% R
Based on your critique, I touched up the mix.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Draper

.mp3    Devil2.mp3 --  (Download: 14.65 MB)

(11-04-2015, 06:06 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Based on your critique, I touched up the mix.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Draper

Just my preference, but you mentioned that you panned the hi hat further to the right. I prefer it more connected to the snare. Again just a preference.

Thanks for sharing your mixes and thoughts.
You know what, yeah, it is pretty far over there, huh? If I remember correctly, I was playing around with an LCR mix with this song. Thanks for listening js!