Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rothko - Wrong 'Uns
This was a fun one to mix.

.m4a    Rothko - Wrong Uns.m4a --  (Download: 8.01 MB)

For me its all a bit smooth,be nice with the bottom end a bit more solid and a bit more cut in the top end
the drums sound a bit puney and need to cut more to give the song more drive.
Also i think the crashes are a bit much like they are not on the kit like an overdub.
Its only what my ears think.
Smooth is definitly not what comes to my mind when I listen to this mix. The hihats are actually a bit annoying. I know that they are hard to control but it definitly is worth a shot. As they are mostly in the overheads working on the hihats could also improve the overall cymbal-feel, which is quite upfront.

Is the acousitc guitar during the intro faded in? It does at least sound so. In my ears there is no need for this. I think this song could start with a bold statement and a "naked" acoustic would fit into the picture. The delayed entrance of the whole band is a nice idea but it works a bit against the groove the guitar developed. Though this is a bold statement in it's own right.

Anyway, I think working on the hihats and cymbals could improve your mix and if you like to, we would be happy to listen to another version.