Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Long way home" - My Mix
I mixed and mastered this incredible song. Thanks David Tyo for this amazing piece.

I would love to hear some feedback on my mix. Feel free to critique it as harshly as you'd like.

Thanks!

.mp3    long way home 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.81 MB)

Hi, tanks to comment on my mix early on Smile
I listened to your work and I like how it's warm and up front. Maybe a little to much in my taste, I would have liked a bit more depth, mostly with reverb I think as the levels are nice. It could be quite discrete but can add a significant change in the emotional receiving Smile
Also I hear you like loud drums. I find it a bit disturbing but it might be only a question of personal taste. Special mention on the bass which I very much like the sound of!

Cheers and keep up the nice work!
(27-03-2020, 11:44 AM)Kun Wrote: Hi, tanks to comment on my mix early on Smile
I listened to your work and I like how it's warm and up front. Maybe a little to much in my taste, I would have liked a bit more depth, mostly with reverb I think as the levels are nice. It could be quite discrete but can add a significant change in the emotional receiving Smile
Also I hear you like loud drums. I find it a bit disturbing but it might be only a question of personal taste. Special mention on the bass which I very much like the sound of!

Cheers and keep up the nice work!

Thanks for the feedback man!
Yes, I am definetely a big drum lover. I thought the song was prone to having heavy drums but like you said, it's a matter of taste.
I tried to emulate an amp bass track. Duplicated it and added lots of distortion, hi passed it and mixed it with the original DI. It's a great trick when you only have a DI bass.

Thank you again for giving it a listen.