Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
VGMY-AUREUS NECROSIS
New Version with fixed guitars.

.mp3    VMGY AUREUS NECROSIS.mp3 --  (Download: 9.78 MB)

Hey dude, cool mix. Its really heavy i like it Big Grin maybe a tiny harsh?? i think just a tiny adjustments on master to my ears in highs could make this one an amazing mix/master.
Also a sidenote, i love the kick some places but it has a tiny honky tone to it that i dont like but i undersand you need those mids to make it cut throughout the song.
Hey,thank you for the Feedback-i was was listening to it again-and to my ears the guitars sounded a bit to harsh in the upper mids-i think you are right-my first time mixing on a combination of NS 10´s and other Speakers-gotta get used to thatSmile

Greetz Jan
Hi,

I really like your mix, specially the drum sound. Can you elaborate a bit on that?
I have both Slate Trigger 2 and Drumagog 5 but I can't achieve a good drum sample sound as I want, I wonder if is the choice of sample or the processing.
Do you have some favourite sample libraries or plug ins?

Thanks and congratulations!
Hi. thank you for the kind words-.I also use Trigger 2 a lot and i think it´s pretty cool-especially when i found out, that i can just use wave Samples within Trigger and not always have to convert them into these TCI filesSmileWell i don´t want to come across as someone who knows everything or come across as a teacher- far away from that-but what helped me personally was to really listen to what is needed or needs to be supported- i found the original Snare a bit dull and honky and not enough low end for my taste-so i was looking through my Samples to find one, that had these attributes-sometimes even 2 or 3 if necessary.I didn´t have much success with the Slate Samples within Trigger, so i collected some, that i really like and are not too processed to begin with-also the good old CLA Trick to not use Reverb on the original source and just sending the Samples to the Reverb really helps in my opinion . Hope this helps a little bit.
All the best Jan
(15-01-2020, 01:30 PM)J-LA Wrote: Hi. thank you for the kind words-.I also use Trigger 2 a lot and i think it´s pretty cool-especially when i found out, that i can just use wave Samples within Trigger and not always have to convert them into these TCI filesSmileWell i don´t want to come across as someone who knows everything or come across as a teacher- far away from that-but what helped me personally was to really listen to what is needed or needs to be supported- i found the original Snare a bit dull and honky and not enough low end for my taste-so i was looking through my Samples to find one, that had these attributes-sometimes even 2 or 3 if necessary.I didn´t have much success with the Slate Samples within Trigger, so i collected some, that i really like and are not too processed to begin with-also the good old CLA Trick to not use Reverb on the original source and just sending the Samples to the Reverb really helps in my opinion . Hope this helps a little bit.
All the best Jan

Alright, that's exactly what I try to do as well, I guess I have to practice more because I am still unsuccessful in doing it.
I prefer the triggering engine of Slate trigger but I like more the samples included in Drumagog. Can you suggest me a good sample pack for rock/metal?

Ps. I believe that the trick you are refering to (sending samples to trigger reverbs) is the Andy Wallace trick, not CLA.

Thanks for answering, best regards

(15-01-2020, 02:22 PM)AVstudio Wrote:
(15-01-2020, 01:30 PM)J-LA Wrote: Hi. thank you for the kind words-.I also use Trigger 2 a lot and i think it´s pretty cool-especially when i found out, that i can just use wave Samples within Trigger and not always have to convert them into these TCI filesSmileWell i don´t want to come across as someone who knows everything or come across as a teacher- far away from that-but what helped me personally was to really listen to what is needed or needs to be supported- i found the original Snare a bit dull and honky and not enough low end for my taste-so i was looking through my Samples to find one, that had these attributes-sometimes even 2 or 3 if necessary.I didn´t have much success with the Slate Samples within Trigger, so i collected some, that i really like and are not too processed to begin with-also the good old CLA Trick to not use Reverb on the original source and just sending the Samples to the Reverb really helps in my opinion . Hope this helps a little bit.
All the best Jan

Alright, that's exactly what I try to do as well, I guess I have to practice more because I am still unsuccessful in doing it.
I prefer the triggering engine of Slate trigger but I like more the samples included in Drumagog. Can you suggest me a good sample pack for rock/metal?

Ps. I believe that the trick you are refering to (sending samples to trigger reverbs) is the Andy Wallace trick, not CLA.

Hi,
yes Andy Wallace also does this-Chris Lord Alge,too-you are right.For Rock and Metal i really like a sample pack, that´s included if you subscribe to Produce like a Pro-he gave it for free-and i personally like the Snare´s very much-if you just tuck them underneath.I also like 80´s Samples like Linn Drum and so on-especially for Low end.If you write me a mail, i can send them to you.

Greets

(16-01-2020, 10:11 AM)J-LA Wrote:
(15-01-2020, 02:22 PM)AVstudio Wrote:
All the best Jan

Hi,
yes Andy Wallace also does this-Chris Lord Alge,too-you are right.For Rock and Metal i really like a sample pack, that´s included if you subscribe to Produce like a Pro-he gave it for free-and i personally like the Snare´s very much-if you just tuck them underneath.I also like 80´s Samples like Linn Drum and so on-especially for Low end.If you write me a mail, i can send them to you.

Greets

Hi,
Great, I'm going to write you a message, thanks
Why are the drum overheads/tom fills/hihat panned backwards on 90% of these mixes? You cats are all mixing from behind the kit! WTF? Great mix other than that LOL.