Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Penniless Wild: 'Seat Back'
Tried to keep this one dark and rounded. Dripping with reverb it is.Big Grin
Thanks for listening.

Update 9/08/19 Mix #2 added. Some attempt at controlling the plosives and I also cleaned up the noise from the bass and second guitar track. Not real sure it's added anything to the performance though. Subjective it is.

.mp3    PennilessWild_SeatBack_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.35 MB)

.mp3    PennilessWild_SeatBack_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.35 MB)

Only complain here is the pops in the vocals... sounds like this is gonna have to get highpassed quite heavily.
(03-08-2019, 07:25 AM)Shul Wrote: Only complain here is the pops in the vocals... sounds like this is gonna have to get highpassed quite heavily.

Yes, and even then it's still quite audible. Some waveform editing might be the go, but I haven't given it a try. In the end, I wasn't too concerned really. It seemed to sit ok with the rawness of the performance. Still, it would be nice if the issue didn't exist.
Thanks Shul.
I'm guessing you already hi-passed the vocals.
Not much to say about this mix. Good imagery although I'm not quite sold on the drum 'verb. Nice and punchy with good energy throughout.
Maybe a little more attention to noise abatement at the front and tail of the song.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi Dave hope all is well,i like the warmth and the plosives on the vocals gives it a nice close feel, very nice mix.
Reaper user
(03-08-2019, 06:05 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I'm guessing you already hi-passed the vocals.
Not much to say about this mix. Good imagery although I'm not quite sold on the drum 'verb. Nice and punchy with good energy throughout.
Maybe a little more attention to noise abatement at the front and tail of the song.

Thanks for the listen. I sure it's not everyones cut of tea, but I'm pretty happy with my drum sound. This is a great song to exploit the percussive dynamics of the drums against the other elements of the song. Oh, and I'll clean up the noise in my second pass just for you.Big Grin

(07-08-2019, 03:56 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Dave hope all is well,i like the warmth and the plosives on the vocals gives it a nice close feel, very nice mix.

Hey Cudjoe. All is very well! WooHoo!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Thanks for checking out the mix. Yes, this is very much going to be a taste thing. I've done a second mix where I've tried to clean it up a bit, (plosives and the noise) but I'm not sold, that it adds anything musically to the piece. But others might.

Thanks again.
The mix is ​​gorgeous!! But at 02:16, the click of the guitarist’s pedal switch is heard. How to flush that (...) out of here? ... Drums sound too loud. And screw the climax at the end. The result will be perfect.
P.S. This version is all soft and smooth. My mix on this background is more emotional ( http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=29038 ) )))))
Alexander
Hi Equilibrium,
To be honest, I didn't really pick up on the clicks. Sounds like it could be easily enough removed though, but i'd have to try it to be sure. As for the drums, I did try numerous volume levels with the drums before posting the mix, and although they are pushed, I'm still pretty happy with where they are sitting. For me, without too much else going on in the song I didn't want to under estimate their impact through the climatic build. With that being the case, I wanted their impact to be the lifting drive for the performance of the song right through to the end. This just seemed to be the natural stimulus.

Thanks for listening and your thoughts.